1. WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT AND FOR WHAT PURPOSE?
We collect personal information, such as your name, email address, phone number, location, and payment information when you register for a Customer account, sign up for our mailing list, or otherwise communicate with us. We may also collect any communications between you and Berbix and any other information you provide to Berbix.
We use this information to operate, maintain, and provide to you the features and functionality of the Service, to process your payments, as well as to communicate directly with you, such as to send you email messages. We may also send you Service-related emails or messages (e.g., account verification, change or updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices).
We collect personal information from you when you submit information to the Berbix Services when it is deployed on a Customer site or when a Customer provides a direct link to the Berbix Services. The information we collect could include your name, phone number, email address, photo of your driver’s license, street address, and other identification documents or indicators. We also collect information about the way in which you use and interact with the Customer site and your activities in connection with the Customer site (“Customer Usage Data”).
We use this information to operate, maintain and provide to you the features and functionality of the Berbix Services, including to verify your identity on our Customer sites.
Information we receive about users from third parties
We may receive information about you from third parties, including from our Customers when they provide us with information about you. We may also collect information about you that is publicly available. This information may be linked to your personal information, but in some circumstances, the information is owned and controlled by the party who provided the information to us (for example, our Customer).
Visitor Data and Usage Data
We collect information about how you use and browse our Site and the Service.
We and our third party service providers may collect certain types of usage information when you visit the Berbix Services, read our emails, or otherwise engage with us. We use this information to enhance and personalize your user experience, to monitor and improve the Berbix Services, and for other internal purposes. We typically collect this information through a variety of tracking technologies, including cookies, web beacons, embedded scripts, location-identifying technologies, file information, and similar technology (collectively, “tracking technologies”). We, and our third party partners, use tracking technologies to automatically collect usage and device information, such as:
● Information about your device and its software, such as your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, device type/model/manufacturer, operating system, date and time stamp, and a unique ID that allows us to uniquely identify your browser, mobile device, or your account (including, for example, a persistent device identifier or an Ad ID), and other such information. We may also work with third-party partners to employ technologies, including the application of statistical modeling tools, which permit us to recognize and contact you across multiple devices.
● Information about the way you access and use our Site, for example, the site from which you came and the site to which you are going when you leave our Site, the pages you visit, the links you click, whether you open emails or click the links contained in emails, whether you access the Site from multiple devices, and other actions you take on the Site.
● Information about your location, including GPS coordinates (e.g., latitude and/or longitude) or similar information regarding the location of your mobile device, or we may be able to approximate or infer a device’s location by analyzing other information, like an IP address.
● Analytics information. We may collect analytics data or use third-party analytics tools such as Google Analytics to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Site and to understand more about the demographics of our users. You can learn more about Google’s practices at http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners and view its opt-out options at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
If you would prefer not to accept cookies, most browsers will allow you to: (i) change your browser settings to notify you when you receive a cookie, which lets you choose whether or not to accept it; (ii) disable existing cookies; or (iii) set your browser to automatically reject cookies; however, doing so may negatively impact your experience using the Berbix Services, as some features and services on the Berbix Services may not work properly. You may also set your email options to prevent the automatic downloading of images that may contain technologies that would allow us to know whether you have accessed our email and performed certain functions with it.
Although we do our best to honor the privacy preferences of our users, we are unable to respond to Do Not Track signals set by your browser at this time.
2. SHARING OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your personal information in the instances described below. For further information on your choices regarding your information, see the “Control Over Your Information” section below.
We may share personal information that we collect from users with:
We may share all personal information that we collect with:
● Third-party vendors and other service providers that perform services on our behalf, as needed to carry out their work for us, which may include email, phone, and other risk service providers.
● Other companies and brands owned or controlled by Berbix and other companies owned by or under common ownership as Berbix, which also includes our subsidiaries (i.e., any organization we own or control) or our ultimate holding company (i.e., any organization that owns or controls us) and any subsidiaries it owns. These companies will use your personal information in the same way as we can under this Policy.
● Other parties in connection with a company transaction, such as a merger, sale of company assets or shares, reorganization, financing, change of control or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company or third party, or in the event of a bankruptcy or related or similar proceedings.
We may also share information with others in an aggregated or otherwise anonymized form that does not reasonably identify you directly as an individual.
3. CONTROL OVER YOUR INFORMATION
Modifying Customer account information. If you have an account with us, you have the ability to modify certain information in your account (e.g., your contact information) through your “Account” settings. If you have any questions about modifying or updating any information in your account, please contact us at email@example.com.
Accessing and modifying User Data. You may update the User Data that Berbix has collected from or about you, such as you name, mobile phone number and email address by contacting the Customer through which it was provided. Should you be unable to do so, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. HOW WE STORE AND PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
Keeping your information safe: We care about the security of your information and employ physical, administrative, and technological safeguards designed to preserve the integrity and security of all information collected through the Berbix Services. However, no security system is impenetrable, and we cannot guarantee the security of our systems 100%. In the event that any information under our control is compromised as a result of a breach of security, we will take reasonable steps to investigate the situation and, where appropriate, notify those individuals whose information may have been compromised and take other steps, in accordance with any applicable laws and regulations.
5. CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
Berbix does not knowingly collect or solicit any information from anyone under the age of 13 on the Berbix Services. In the event that we learn that we have inadvertently collected personal information from a child under age 13, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
6. LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES AND SERVICES
The Berbix Services may contain links to and from third-party websites of our business partners, advertisers, and social media sites and our users may post links to third-party websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies. We strongly recommend that you read their privacy policies and terms and conditions of use to understand how they collect, use, and share information. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content on the websites of third-party sites.
7. HOW TO CONTACT US